In order to access the drivers and print from your personal device, you MUST be on the Stanford or Stanford Residences wireless SSID, Stanford wired, or Stanford VPN network. If you have an Apple device running macOS, you will need to download and install the correct print driver. On Windows, the driver will download automatically once connected to the server (See 'Add the Print Queue for Windows' section below).
Connect your personal Windows computer to the Stanford Print System in about 5-10 minutes.
1. Press Windows + r to open up a Run command window.
2. Input the address: \\uniflow-prd.stanford.edu
3. Press return to install the print queue and driver.
4. When you are prompted for credentials, please enter them in this format:
Remember my credentials: CHECKED
5. Double-click (or Right-click and select Connect) the SecurePrint printer from the selection of printers on the print server.
* Windows may take 1-3 minutes to respond before you see any progress window. Clicking again may result in several windows popping up.
** If you receive an error message about the network or connection, please check our Windows or Antivirus firewall settings, as your computer may be blocking certain network traffic that is required to use network printers.
6. When prompted, click Yes to allow changes and finish the printer setup
7. Print a test page, if you wish.
You are done!
Connect your personal Mac computer to the Central Stanford Print System in about 5-10 minutes.
1. First download and install the print drivers: http://uniflow-prd.stanford.edu/drivers/mac/PS_v04.12.00_Mac.zip
2. Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and select System Preferences. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click on the + icon and then select Add Printer or Scanner to add a new printer.
4. Click the IP icon and enter the following settings:
5. To set the Use option, choose Select Software from the Use drop-down menu.
6. Type in the model of printer, C5250, into the Filter search box and select the C5250 PS driver. Click Add.
7. When asked to allow changes to your computer, select Yes.
8. Print a test page to the new printer, if you wish. You are done!